Monday, September 25, 2006

New York Art



Before I went into the event on Saturday I got the chance to bum it around New York's Chinatown. Right on the edge of Chinatown was a huge Italian festival... San Genera or something to that effect. To all my Italian friends please forgive me for not knowing which festival this was or how to spell it :)
Anyway, I was way too early for the event that was scheduled for 6pm but actually started at 8pm so I sat and looked at the people passing by me on the steps of a building that was under renovation. In reality, I avoided eye contact with everyone which lead me to discover the coolest little bit of graffiti. It was two bees (one black and the other white) with their stingers touching... Now this was ART and it was totally defacing someone else's property.Typical. All good art can't find its way into a museum so it ends up on the street for free. I'm not complaining, in fact, I enjoyed it so much that I took a pic of it and smiled. The smell of urine was strong with this one but the aesthetic was well worth it. I remember the news doing a story about these little tags a few years ago. Man, I love finding little treasures like this in NY! I hope you enjoy it too.

N8

No comments: