Tuesday, November 08, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different... LONDON BELOW

So all yesterday I am talking film music... Scores vs soundtracks... Solo artists vs bands and just like clockwork Moon Kitty chimes in and suggests that I look into several of her more musically inclined friends. She emails me a ton of links to different bands and one of them just effing ROCKED!!! So much so did they have that goth-emo-crazy-cool-hard vibe that I had to (out of curiosity) reach out to them!!! I mean when I heard LONDON BELOW (who can be found and friended on Facebook and other social media) I started trippin' a little... Okay I lie... I was trippin' a lot!

In the overall scheme of the film I am creating there are major visual sections that could use music like theirs and most of the people who have worked with me before know I don't mind mixing styles or genres to get the effect I need both visually and acoustically.

Hmmm... Not to give my age away but what if The Cure, Billy Idol, and Marilyn Manson had a love child? I figure it would look, sound, and feel something like LONDON BELOW

Listen to this West Coast band playing "GO" @ Bar Sinister and tell me they ain't something a little different and a lot fresh!

Always Keep L@@KIN' For Those Shining Stars
N8

No comments: