Thursday, September 09, 2010

ONI MASKS Are On FLICKR!!!!

Just a quick update about the masks. I finished two of them and now I am inspired to do two more... Instead of becoming anxious about the fests I take things from around my house and apartment and create art. It also is very important to note that Halloween is right around the corner so all my masks have that type of theme. The two I finished are of a demon/devil and a ghost! They are friendly though :)

KUTUU JUJUU UA ONI
(Butterfly Magic Flower Demon)

Is just that! He looks fierce and scary but his horns are actually antenna (like a butterfly) his ears are rose buds, and the rest of his face is made up of nature symbols. Even more interesting is that he originally started off as the double faced Janus Mask that I filmed for the Guggenheim Contest. Boredom can either inspire creativity or destruction... Or a little of both.

THE GHOST BRIDE - DRAGONA

She is the combination of a vengeful female ghost, and a dragon! She has three faces and  is suppose to be the companion piece to KUTUU. Both masks are extremely theatrical and I am even considering writing or creating a story around the masks I make just to see them in full regalia on stage.

Below are some pics of the masks. All of the pics can be seen on Flickr.com or at the bottom of this page.

Take care, follow your muse, and enjoy life (even the spooky points (lol)).

N8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions