Friday, July 07, 2006

MKODI and some more art





The tree that sprouted upon my brother's death has a new name, MKODI. I also like the name Geistblume. Mkodi means supernatural spirit in Swahili and Geistblume is the combination of the words spirit and flower in German. More than likely I will give both names to the plant. I also have a few more images of the art that I have been creating over the years. If you would like a signed print or poster just email me and I will see what I can do.
On a side note, NJ is a mess. My brother's funeral was yesterday and we still can't bury him because the government is closed and won't give out any death certificates. That means that everyone who passed away after the gov't closed must stay above ground until those certificates get to the funeral homes. This is horrific but I will and have remained spiritual throughout this whole experience. I grieve not only for my brother but for all the families that have to suffer through this. All I can say is that this physical world is the lie and the truth is the light in our eyes. When that light leaves all that is left is just the shell and not the soul that lived within it.
Remain strong.
N8

No comments: