Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Brother's Passing



My brother passed away on June 30, 2006. He had been suffering for several years from many ailments so his passing to some place better than this is a time for joy and not pain or anguish. I truly believe that we are more than our physical bodies so his transition from the material world to the spiritual one is a blessing because in this world he suffered so much. A wonderful incident occurred about the same time that he left us at 12:06 PM. I had spent the majority of night at the hospital so when I came home and finally fell asleep in the morning I didn't wake until 12:30 PM that is when I noticed that the acorn that I had transferred to a pot two days earlier had sprouted. I consider this a small miracle because I had tried to transfer the acorns that had roots in our family's backyard before to no avail but that Friday was different.
I don't know how long I will keep the plant or what it's fate will be but every time I look at it I am reminded of the life cycles that exists in this physical world and then I realize that there spiritually is so much more. To all who read this do not let your soul feel sad because there is so much more and from what I can tell it is good .

Peace,
Nathan Zen-Sapien

No comments: