Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why Should She Say No?

Why Should She Say No?
by Nathan Zen-Sapien

Greater than any human king yet a servant to infants
You comforted me.
Your stare permeated my soul
And with mercy and charity
Helped me at my lowest point.
I have healed.
My vigor and passion have returned.
I am strong.
I am wise.
I am without the need of help.
So why do you say no to me now?
I have asked just to hear your voice
But with silence you have said "no".
I have longed to touch your hand.
Yet by withholding it you have said "no".
So if I see you again someday
And my heart begins to want that which was not given.
Do not be cruel to me.
This time, please, say "yes!"
Look me again with your passionate eyes
And please say "YES!"
Forget what the world may think!
Forget those who dare oppose the truth!
Say "YES" to me.
At least once say "yes".

No comments: