Monday, August 28, 2023

The Zen Cookbook and Boy: A Story Based On True Events!!!

 I wrote two books at the beginning of the millennia that saw a little success but never really took off. So, because they were prototypes for scripts, I rewrote them recently and individually entered them into competitions. I took one script from THE ZEN COOKBOOK AND OTHER BIZARRE SCREENPLAYS called One Man's Choice and modernized it. I renamed it, THE CHOICE, and entered it into The BAFF or Big Apple Film Festival. It won!

The other script called *BEEP* was a cross between the namesake stories of both THE ZEN COOKBOOK and BOY: A STORY BASED ON TRUE EVENTS. BOY was the actual story of what happened with I and my autistic brother before his death and THE ZEN COOKBOOK was a colorful yet existential script based on the same upbringing. *BEEP* won The SIFF (Swedish International Film Festival).

So, if you get the chance, please pick up a copy of these books. The links to Amazon and the publisher Outskirts Press are below!

N8 


The Zen Cookbook on publisher Outskirts Press site



BOY on publisher Outskirts Press site

No comments: