Monday, May 16, 2011

JASON MOMOA... YOU RAWK!!! CONAN TRAILER #2 IS AWESOME!!!

I was trying really really hard not to like the new/remake of Conan The Barbarian which is actually from the series Conan The Cimmerian (which I read as a kid (lol)). Especially noting that the first Conan picture with Arnold was an absolute classic BUT I kept watching the 2nd trailer which showed me that this was a different take on the Conan story and mythology. Jason Momoa was a completely understandable yet different choice for the Cimmerian! From Bay Watch to Stargate to his latest barbarian personas in Thrones and Conan; this guy has come a long way in shaping how Hollywood sees him. I also got a kick out of seeing the Hollywood embellishments (fxs) merge with Robert E. Howard's creative and way-a-head-of-its-time barbarian fantasy. If you know anything about Conan's creator you know that he tragically died early in life. Who knows what other characters he may have created? FYI - Check out Solomon Kane to see what I mean.


No comments: