Monday, August 28, 2006

Semantics Or A Matter Of Truth

This initially was going to be another video post but I feared becoming one of those blogs that do nothing but post the video crap that other people place up on the web. So I decided to give an update on the progress so far. Besides contacting a ton of people that I don't know about the book and my other scripts I had an epiphany. Apparently, there is a difference between advertising and publicity. You can advertise your butt off but it means nothing if people aren't interested enough to even read the flyer or pamphlet or whatever piece of crap that you wasted your hard earned money on. On the other hand, all you need is one strategic or famous or connected person to start talking about what you've done and BINGO you got some good publicity!!! Now some may say this is just a matter of semantics and colloquial interpretation but let's face it there is some truth to the statement. The real question is HOW does a person get publicity? Maybe I should add luck to my previous equation for success although I believe (and Oprah agrees) that there is no such thing as luck just a lot of ingenuity and timing.

No comments: