Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tara, Family Misunderstandings, And An Equery

I saw a cool statue on eBay of the goddess Tara. As usual, I did some investigating to find out who Tara was/is and what she means to the people that follow her. Personally, I believe that there is only one God and we insignificant minded specks of star dust are not capable of comprehending the totality of God's being. That aside I was intrigued to find out that there are 21 variations of this deity. I automatically thought of Baskin Robbins 21 flavors and giggled because I do believe that are many aspects of the human personality that are reflected in the things that we worship or admire. I do not want to offend the followers of Tara so I apologize if I am being culturally ignorant. I still believe as an artist that the statue that I saw on eBay was beautiful.

So my very religious mother walks pass me looking at the statue on the family computer and the sparks flew. I spent the next two days defending my artistic interest in the images of which she thought was idolatry. This incident spun into another incident when I told my sister what a therapist friend of mine said was the real cause of my family's over observant behavior of me. Needless-to-say for the pass few days the old cycle of male bashing behavior that my almost all female family kicked in and now I have become a verbal pincushion at home. I HATE OLD CYCLES OF DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR! So to do something new I racked my brain to find a positive means of contradicting this behavior and I remembered the success I had doing Equeries for my scripts. Whenever I solicit new buyers for my scripts my family's attitude changes for the better. I guess it is difficult to smash a man's will when you think that he may make enough money to buy you a new house.

So far I have received several positive responses but nothing really beats having a little peace of mind when you are over your relative's house

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty cool with males right now. Tomorrow is Father's day (happy dad day to every guy that is a role model for our children everywhere). It is hard not to take emotional poison personally, but it seems leak out the most into the atmosphere of those that we love and trust the most. Go figure.

Nathan Zen-Sapien said...

Hey Panda

I am picking up on some stuff that I think would be better resolved through an email. I will send you some info soon.

Much Love

N8

Anonymous said...

Nah,
Just feeling a little guilty for the way my own male-bashing may have hurt my brother and the men that I love in the past. I was making reference to female emotional-poison this time.
Ananda