Sunday, May 07, 2006

My art and my world right now





It is a Sunday and I am torn between how to feel. I guess because I was raised going to church I always feel a little guilty when I miss church. The ironic thing is that I haven't been to church in a few years but I have compensated by doing as much spiritual reading and soul searching as possible.

My art ( I think) is a reflection of my spiritual desires. In most of my pictures there are themes of self-improvement and a contrasting sense of light and dark energy or a yin/yang sensibility. I don't really feel that the light and the dark are different but rather two sides of the same coin. I could be wrong but for my art's sake I need this axiom to be true in my creative world.

* FYI * For those of you who are reading my blog weekly I will start to post pics from my work and other activities this Summer but for now just enjoy the art. I will also be injecting notes about my books into the blog just to appease my publisher ;)

N8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To anyone reading this section of the blog feel free to write any comment that you think will improve this website.