Thursday, January 13, 2011

second BEST

This poem is not my B.E.S.T. work but it is progress. The B.E.S.T is yet to come and I and you the reader deserve it!

The second B.E.S.T.
by Nathan Zen-Sapien

I am the "B.E.S.T." and getting Better Every Single Time.
Everything I set my mind to eventually gets done.
Those who follow me are never truly disappointed
Yet always unanimously surprised.
Spiritually and mentally I am the artist/maverick, 
The creative intellect instead of the intellectually creative.
By tarot standards I am the innocent jester and fool. 
A very intimidating man.
I am taller than average.
And bigger than most. 
I am for the most part smarter and physically larger than the societal norms that we live by.
Yet, for all these qualities I have always been the second choice;
The back-up plan.
People from business partners to friends to potential mates
Recognize that it is better to have me than not,
However, I have yet to be the first choice even amongst a limited selection.
They even (thankfully) admit I am not their first choice 
Which is honestly good because honesty (honestly) is Good!!!
I can respect that.
But the real issue is do I respect myself?
I do.
And because I do 
I can no longer physically, mentally, and/or Spiritually accept being second to the B.E.S.T. in their and my own eyes.
It is a lie.
It is without redemption.
And it makes getting Better Every Single Time damn near impossible.
Being B.E.S.T. in every situation means being intolerant of other's false perceptions of you.
Don't accept it.
In fact, change it!
So every time you face the falsehoods that others' heap you;
you will know exactly what to do.
And trust me it will get Better Every Single Time.

No comments: