Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amazing Artists (part 4) - NELSON CABAN of nelsoncaban.com

So I met this guy and he has on this mad different but very much appropriate for his style light blue-type suit with an Usher/Justine Timberlake-ish hat. Being an artist myself with a notoriously wild fashion past, I totally assumed that this cat was an artist of some sort, too... Yo!!!! I was totally right! His name is Nelson Caban and out of all the creative souls that I met that night Nelson definitely was wearing the "crown" of artistic passion and bravado.

For one thing, I did not understand his art so I spoke to the man and his crystal-clear intellect shined through and alleviated all ignorance that I had towards his work. The most dramatic of his material and subject matter was a direct reflection of how he viewed himself. The artist and the creation were, in fact, one creature; one being. He further clarified his subject matter with personal life (sometimes altering) stories that further reinforced his courageous artist endeavors.

I do not know where Nelson's art will take him or develop into over next few year let alone his lifetime but if you see this artist do not hesitate to ask him, "Why?"  The answer you may receive will probably enlighten you if not intrigue you to ask of him more.

No comments: